Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Audition CS6 Wacom tablet issue

Mar 23, 2013 11:55 PM

Hi,

I'm having a bizarre issue using my Wacom Intuos 4 tablet with Audition CS6. When I drag a clip around with my pen in a multitrack project, if I drag too slowly, the cursor keeps moving but the clip stops moving altogether. If I speed up, it immediately jumps to wherever the cursor is once it's moving fast enough. It's making precise editing kinda difficult.

I've had this problem on a couple of different computers. It isn't happening in Audition CS5.5 (still installed), or if I use a mouse in CS6. I've updated both Audition and the Wacom drivers.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 24, 2013 3:13 AM   in reply to Phoenix_Feet

I think that this is a question that only the developers may be able to answer... wait for one to come along!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 24, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to Phoenix_Feet

I'm not aware of any changes that would affect Wacom support, nor any other bug reports, but ill take a look when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 10:21 AM   in reply to Phoenix_Feet

Sorry I haven't gotten back yet.  The Wacom in our lab grew feet and took a walk.  I'm still trying to track it down.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 12:39 PM   in reply to _durin_

After Effects team had it!

I spent some time this afternoon trying to reproduce the behavior in CS5.5, CS6, and the latest internal releases with no luck.  From your description, it sounds like you may have various Snapping modes enabled and this may result in what you see.  Any chance you can verify whether there are differences between the Edit > Snapping options for the CS5.5 and CS6 release? 

I used an Intuos 3 tablet, so it's possible there's a difference in behavior between the two models, but I haven't received any other reports of this sort of issues.  If anyone else with a Wacom tablet is experiencing this behavior, please let us know!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2013 11:47 PM   in reply to Phoenix_Feet

Yup, I have the very same issue with my Intuos3 + CS 6 Audition. Snapping on or off, it just keeps on skipping areas where it should land. My Intuos3 driver is the latest version available. I'm running Mac OS X 10.8.3

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2013 12:07 AM   in reply to jamo.light

Thanks, everyone.  I'll dig deeper and get a bug submitted.  Phoenix_feet - are you on a Mac system as well?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2013 2:08 PM   in reply to jamo.light

Let me join the club. I have a Mac, running OS X 10.8.3, and when I try to use my beloved Intuos 2 tablet with CS6, the "action" of the pen goes completely haywire. It is either too fast, too slow, or disappears completely. In addition, my Apple Wireless Mouse also misbehaves. Sometimes the only way I can even find the mouse pointer is to "drag without even seeing the pointer" all the way over to an edge, click on the Finder window and click back into Photoshop again.

When I try working in CS5, the pen tool is still not the precision tool it used to be, but it doesn't act quite as erratically as when I am working in CS6.

I am guessing that something is amiss between Mountain Lion and Adobe here; I sure hope this can be fixed soon! Thanks for any help with this.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 5:11 PM   in reply to Phoenix_Feet

Thanks, everyone. I've got a bug written and being tracked. I'll follow up if our dev team has additional questions.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 7:51 PM   in reply to _durin_

Thank you for following up on this problem. I should say I talked with Wacom folks about this problem. They said that my Intuos 2 tablet was not compatible with Mountain Lion. Nevertheless, I found I did not have an up-to-date driver, so I downloaded and installed that, and voilá, the pen and tablet worked again despite Wacom's claims to the contrary.

The problem of the disappearing cursor still continues, however. The only way I know how to get it back is to dive down to the lower lefthand corner of the screen (or where I think that place is), have it reappear, and then go back to work.

C.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2013 7:53 PM   in reply to cstebbins

Thanks for the follow-up.  That's great to hear.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to Phoenix_Feet

Not yet, but now that CC has been released, I hope we can investigate further and if we find a solution on our side, get the fix in an update patch.  Was the information from cstebbins any help?

Any chance that any of you experiencing this problem has looked at Audition CC yet?  If so, does the problem persist there?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 11:21 AM   in reply to _durin_

One quick question for those of you seeing this.  Can you let me know if disabling Adobe Graphics Manager has any effect on this issue?  In CS6, you can disbale this via Preferences > Appearance > Use Adobe Graphics Manager for interface.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 9:29 AM   in reply to Phoenix_Feet

I don't know what changed on my test machine, but I was able to reproduce this problem in both Audition CS6 and CC this morning.  I've updated our internal bug and have written to Wacom for further investigation and to see if we can get a fix out there.  I was able to reproduce this with the latest and earliest drivers supporting OS X 10.8.  I may need to find an older Mac system to search earlier drivers to see when it began.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2014 6:08 AM   in reply to Phoenix_Feet

Sorry to bump this, but I'm also still having this exact problem. I'm running latest Intuos 4 Wacom drivers and Audition CC (6.0 build 732).

My clips are very hard to drag around in the multitrack - they keep 'sticking' when moving slowly. I've disabled Adobe Graphics Manager but it doesn't make any difference. It definitely isn't a snapping issue - the clip just behaves erratically when being dragged using a tablet.

Reading back, I see it was logged as a bug with the Dev team - has there been any progress on fixing it? It was flagged up a year ago now!

It's kind of making Audition fairly hard to use unfortunately.

Any further suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2014 5:02 AM   in reply to Phoenix_Feet

Hey Phoenix_Feet, I can't believe you're still here a year later with the same problem! Thanks for replying and keeping the thread active, it's much appreciated.

That's a great spot noticing that mouse mode works correctly. I can confirm that works for me too - if I switch Audition to use mouse mode rather than pen mode, then the problem dragging clips in Multitrack is temporarily solved.

Unfortunately that doesn't really fix our problem because I only work in pen mode - it being a pen and tablet and all! But hopefully that at least could be a starting point for Adobe to narrow down where the problem lies, and hopefully one day offer a fix?

I'm slightly dissapointed Durin confirmed that they could replicate the error and that it had been logged with the Dev team, but then we haven't heard anything since.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2014 8:05 AM   in reply to Terry Scruby

Hi Guys,

I'm still in contact with Wacom and the bug is still open, but a fix hasn't been identified or checked in yet.  I'll see what I can do to increase the priority on this one.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points