Skip navigation
HBSteve88
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator CS6 artboard exports 1 pixel off in size

Mar 23, 2013 9:53 PM

Tags: #illustrator #size #export #bug #pixel #cs6 #cloud #artboard

v16.2.0 64 bit, windows 8, creative cloud, all updates installed

Ok... not a newbie as I've used Illustrator since ver1. Also been software beta tester for various software companies, so good at finding bugs but this one is bugging me ... I've done searches and found many similar posts, but none have a solid fix, and though my testing is not always reproducible.

Thru my testing seems the only way the artboards export properly is when you make a new document... those artboards always export properly.

Sometimes when you click artboard tool and draw a artboard manually it sometimes works properly, but not always.

When you resize by the transform toolbar or by the transform dialog box, it will always make the export improper size... sometimes only in one dimension size and not both, sometimes in both

Ive tried all the various tips people have mentioned in other posts, cleared prefs, tried with & without constrain proportions, align pixel

Artboards set with 0 bleed. & use to dealing with artboard exports by the 100's on a daily usage... so this is relativaly a new problem

'Save for web' exports properly to artboard size, but I'm dealing with multiple artboards and using the export command with "Use Artboards"

So for testing I resized all artboards down 1 pixel then exported, and it exported at the size I resized to... so thought to resize them back to the size I needed, and the problem came back... very odd bug and not anything I try is consistent... well besides consistently a thorn in my side since I'm needing pixel perfect exports.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 9, 2013 2:21 AM   in reply to HBSteve88

Very disappointed from this kind of issue. Is there anyone who fixed it? Any workaround?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2013 11:31 PM   in reply to HBSteve88

I figured it out. Took me over an hour but I got there in the end.

Click on your your artboard tool in Illustrator (shift+o) then use it to select an art board. At the top of your screen should be four input boxes (X,Y,W, and H). These must be whole numbers, so if you have moved your art boards around they are probably sitting at random values like X=30.23 and Y=55.82. Just select the digits after the decimals and delete them.

If for some strange reason, your H and W are also set to fractions, you will need to change these whole numbers as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2013 9:11 AM   in reply to HBSteve88

I have been struggeling with this for over 1 month now. This is what I have done, and so far it has worked perfectly for me. (fingers crossed)

1. I changed my units to pixels under <<Preferences
    2. When I create a new artboard, I use Pixels for the units.
    3. I change the preview mode to <<Pixel instead of <<default
    4. and I check the box that says <<Align New Objects to Pixel Grid

Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 11.10.46 AM.png

I've been able to create new artboards within an existing document as well with great success.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2013 8:25 PM   in reply to HBSteve88

I'm having the same problem; exporting assets that must be pixel-precise, but getting the extra pixels added on when exporting. The artwork and artboard is aligned precisely to the pixel grid, so it's not a matter of an incorrectly setup document. I've tried every suggestion I can find to remedy it, but nothing is working. This is extremely frustrating.

Has Adobe acknowledged this issue, or provided any kind of solution?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 11:30 AM   in reply to Marxamus

I have been experiencing this too. I'm using CS5. The digital ductape is different everytime. I hope Adobe fixes it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points