Skip navigation
OzBee2
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign adobe cs6 has stopped working

Mar 24, 2013 2:20 AM

I just installed InDesign cs6 but when I launch it I get the error message "Adobe InDesign cs6 has stopped working".  I have looked at other similar questions on the Forum but the responses are too technical for me.  Any suggestions woul dbe appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 24, 2013 3:40 AM   in reply to OzBee2

Start by telling us about your system. Windows or Mac? Are you logged in with an administrator account, or a limited account?

Have you run the 8.0.1 update for InDesign?

The unfortunate truth is that this is probably going to involve doing some stuff that requires a bit of technical knowledge. If you don't understand, yourself, you should try to find someone local who can assist you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 5:55 AM   in reply to OzBee2

InDesign no longer stops at the page where I choose whether to open a book but takes me one step beyond that to the first data entry page before freezing.

I'm not sure waht you mean by "first data entry page."

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 6:16 AM   in reply to OzBee2

Don't know what was supposed to come after the colon. TO show a screen capture you need to use the camera icon onthe web page, like this:

CameraIcon.png

The error information you gave earlier indicates a problem in the MSVCR100.dll file. This is a dynamic library file provided by Microsoft to handle calls to the OS to perform file-related tasks. It's possible this file has become damaged. It's possible to reinstall this file by downloading it from Microsoft, but for the technically challenged it may turn out to be easier to reinstall ID. Try running the installer again and see if it offers you the option to "Repair" the current installation.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points