Skip navigation
videoediter36
Currently Being Moderated

Why can I still playback a clip in the timeline after I delete it?

Mar 24, 2013 6:09 AM

Tags: #problem #help #adobe #video #premiere #elements #11 #failure #problems #premiere_elements #windows_8

Hi guys,

I am using Premiere Elements 11. This problem has just occured, I have never seen it happen before. When I delete a clip, I can move the scroller over to the position the video was, and I can play it back, audio and all, as if I never deleted it! I am using Windows 8 and hope you respond ASAP. Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 24, 2013 6:38 AM   in reply to videoediter36

I have never heard of this ever happening. (Although Windows 8 is still a bit of a wild card, so who knows?)

Are you sure you're playing back your timeline and you're not just playing the video in the Clip Monitor? Can you post a screen shot of your workspace so we can see it?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to videoediter36

It appears you have additonal tracks of video above your current timeline. Do you see anything in any uppper tracks if you scroll your timeline view up?

If not, what operating system are you running?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 7:48 AM   in reply to videoediter36

As Steve points out, your view does not show all Tracks. Scroll up to see what is on "higher" Video Tracks:

adobecapture2.png

Good luck, and let us know if there is a Clip on a higher Track, please,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to videoediter36

If you added, say an Effects Mask, then you WILL get what appears to be a "duplicated" Clip (with the Effects Mask), above your Clip.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points