Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge will not rename certain RAW files

Mar 24, 2013 10:40 AM

Tags: #bridge #cs-6 #rename_file #cs-5

I just uploaded a batch of RAW files to my PSCS-6 Bridge on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.  They all look fine but I am finding that a few files will not allow me to rename them.  It tells me that the file is in use with another application. (no other computer or application is operating).  Then I open the same files in PSCS-5 Bridge on a different Windows 7 64 bit machine on a peeer to peer network and the exact same files give me the exact same message on that machine too.  It is like I have the files open in Photoshop while attempting to rename them in Bridge, but that is not the case.  Other files in this same folder work just fine.  Other files in different folders work just fine.

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 24, 2013 1:01 PM   in reply to Monte Photo

Any ideas?

Can you try and select one of that files and with right click mouse menu choose purge cache for selection and see if this changes things?

And I assume you have already checked the files are not locked and you do have read and write permission (admin rights) for them.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 8:46 AM   in reply to Monte Photo

Can you rename the files in Windows Explorer? If not, then look closely at the filenames: do they start with a space instead of a letter or number?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 2:11 PM   in reply to Monte Photo

A user a few days back had similar problem with one of his cameras.  He bought a new card reader and problem was solved.  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1179384?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points