Skip navigation
strangerstrangland
Currently Being Moderated

PrE 11 Won't render.

Mar 24, 2013 11:08 AM

Last week I had Windows 7 put on my computer and everything was working fine with PrE11.  I tried importing my project and it would not render.  The chat help-desk took control of my copmuter tried to fix it and said I had to start the project again.

Now I've started the project again,  and it will not render certain clips (the yellow line is above the clips) and the clips are both graphics made from Photoshop Elements 11 and some from the graphics tool bar.  It will render some clips on video track 2 and not on others.

The same clips did render when I was on the windows 8 platform.

It seems to be playing smoothly, but if this is going to happen all the time, I need to know how to fix it.  my big worry is when I go to publish the project it will not work.

Has anyone ever encountered a problem like this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 24, 2013 11:16 AM   in reply to strangerstrangland

Was this Project started in PrE 11 (back when you had Win8, as your OS)?

What are the Project's Presets?

What are all the Clips, and especially those on Video Track 1, which will not Render?

You mention a "yellow line," and are these over the Titles (created in PrE), and/or the Images from PSE?

For the Images from PSE, what are the pixel x pixel dimensions of those?

It also might be useful to post a screen-cap of your Timeline, showing the various Clips, their locations, and any colored lines above them.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 11:43 AM   in reply to strangerstrangland

OK, your screen-cap revealed one issue - your WAB is not set to include that un-Rendered material. Just drag its right-hand bracket to the end of the Timeline, and hit Enter again. That should Render the un-Rendered portion of the Timeline.

Good luck, and hope that clears this up.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 11:46 AM   in reply to strangerstrangland

For more info on the WAB (Work Area Bar), see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5170142#5170142

Note: Images were updated at the end of the article, as the "look" of the WAB is slightly different between PrE and PrPro, and also between some versions of PrE. The updated ones, at the end, show how things appear in PrE 11's GUI.

Also, for more details on Rendering, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4068277#4068277

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 12:18 PM   in reply to strangerstrangland

For those "yellow lines," perhaps this explanation from Todd Kopriva (Adobe staff), will be useful:

• yellow: The source media’s codec is computationally difficult (such as AVCHD). As mentioned above, only very few simple codecs don’t get a yellow bar; these include DV and DVCPRO.
    • yellow: The settings of the clip (e.g., pixel aspect ratio, frame rate, field settings) don’t match the settings for the sequence.

Not sure what attribute of the material, under the yellow line, is causing that line. How do the Clips, under the yellow line, differ from the rest of the Clips, that Rendered properly?

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 24, 2013 3:28 PM   in reply to strangerstrangland

That is odd behavior, indeed.

However, you got things to Render. Offhand, I cannot imagine what was keeping those Clips/Assets from Rendering, and we may never know.

Keep an eye on things, and if you can find something common to the Assets, that would not Render, please update this thread, so we can all learn something.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

PS - only anomaly that I can recall was some PSD's in PrPro CS 5, or 5.5, IIRC, that would not Import. The "fix" for those was to Open them in PS again, and just do a Save. That allowed them to be Imported. However, I do nor recall "odd stuff," like that, in PrE.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points