Skip navigation
Hnkkorgrits
Currently Being Moderated

Flash symbols won't play on certain computers?

Mar 24, 2013 2:23 PM

Tags: #flash #export #won't #play #movie_clip #symbols #some #people

Okay so I created a Flash animation with a very large, animated movie clip embedded in the main timeline, and of course the symbol doesn't play in the timeline but when I export the document to a .swf file it plays just fine. And, when I uploaded the animation online, it played perfectly fine with the moving movie clip on my computer and on a lot of other people's computers, but a few people said they were having issues where the movie clip didn't play, it was stuck on the first frame as if it was still playing in the timeline.

Any idea what could be causing that? Does it have something to do with not having a properly updated Flash player? Or maybe something isn't enabled on their computers?

Thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 24, 2013 3:21 PM   in reply to Hnkkorgrits

You're the one closest to the situation to be able to answer your questions.  Talk to the folks who have provided feedback and find out what player version they are using and what browser version as well.  To help anyone to find out which Flash version they are using, send them to the following page:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points