I am experiencing a 'sharing violation' message in Dreamweaver CS6 when using a web development tool - Mixture. http://www.mixture.io
I can eventually save the file, but only because the original file that i was trying to save gets deleted somehow.
Having looked around google, and these communities, it seems this is a common problem with Dreamweaver.
Anyone have any ideas how to stop these type of sharing violations ? - I am using wamp as a local server for development with apache 2, and php.
There is a discussion on this on the Mixture
Hope it helps
Thanks Ken - that's my thread over at the mixture forum - i had a chat with them earlier today, - the guys there thought that it was more likely a DW problem that a mixture one - Dreamweaver seems to lock files - other code editors like sublime and notepad ++ dont have the same problem.
I was hoping that someone from Adobe might be able to look at this - google searches seem to be full of people with sharing violation problems relating to Dreamweaver. Given that i pay a fair amount to use Creative Cloud, i'd like to see stuff like the addressed.
Thanks for your help anyway.
I found an article that could help you CS3 sharing violation. From the comments, I see that some users have benefited from this feature. Meanwhile, I am talking to other people at Adobe to see if we have a solution for you.
Thank you for this - I will give the suggestions in that article a try when i get home to my windows machine this evening. If some of your colleagues have other suggestions, or a solution, that would be very much appreciated,
Many thanks for your time,
Hi there Harshit,
Thanks your your help,
I've tried the suggestions in the posts by yourself, and your colleague - unfortunately none have worked:
removing any temp files
searching for hidden files
turning off synchronisation
turning off cache
turning off indexing on folders
turning off library options in windows explorer.
I still get sharing violation errors - it seems to be a common thread with Dreamweaver. Perhaps it's something that needs to be changed for the windows version.
I am specifically getting this problem when I am trying to use Scout, which monitors for any changes in a .scss file and converts it into a .css file through the SASS protocal. The odd thing is that I only sometimes get this error, generally after I've had the computer running for a while.