Skip navigation
ifkdyrmm
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot start bridge (Mac 10.8.2) CS6. States "the operation could not be completed"

Mar 24, 2013 6:16 PM

Tags: #cs6 #bridge_cs6

I cannot start bridge (Mac 10.8.2) CS6. States "the operation could not be completed" but if I use another user account it works fine. I have uninstalled and re-installed Creative Suite but no differene.

Are there some logs or cache's that I need to delete or something??

Please help

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2013 4:21 AM   in reply to ifkdyrmm

but if I use another user account it works fine. I have uninstalled and re-installed Creative Suite but no differene.

Are there some logs or cache's that I need to delete or something??

There are a few things to try but it means the problem is in the account itself. un- and reinstall the Suite will not help if you are not also using the Adobe cleaner tool for this job:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Check this and read the instructions carefully and most important, have a back up of your important settings (in Photoshop your custom actions, tool presets, brushes and workspaces and for Bridge the custom output templates and keyword list, to name the most important for me).

If you check your user library (by default hidden per OSX 10.7, use menu Go and press option to reveal this library) Inhere is a folder called Application support and most of those settings are here - User/Library/Application Support/Adobe.

If you copy this folder to a back up location you can always use this to copy the certain wanted parts to the new installed folder.

Also use a check and repair permissions on your start up disk with Apple disk utility or third party software like Cocktail.

And finally since your still on 10.8.2 they just recently released 10.8.3

Usually the update procedure is using the App Store and check software update. BUt in this case it might be useful to find the 10.8.3 Combo Update on the Apple Support section.

You have to download this yourself and then it is a normal update procedure. The combo update does a bit more refreshing for the user account then the normal update.

And if all this is not helping you then you can use the Apple recovery disk to reinstall your system, this is what before was known as an Archive and Install procedure. This creates a new user library while all your custom settings and files are being kept.

But you have to find info for yourself for this and also make sure you have a proper back up of all your important files, but as a wise person you already had done so I believe ?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points