Skip navigation
anagramable
Currently Being Moderated

Forcing a refresh in Adobe Content Viewer?

Mar 25, 2013 12:46 AM

I'm trying to update an InDD CS6 article with updated .OAM links  (the links have new file names). But the iPad refuses to load some of the new animations or will only load the poster image of an .OAM file. If I copy one of these problematic pages into a new folio/article, it displays properly, but when I paste that same graphic into the article I'm working on, the old image shows up still. Is there a cache I can force to clear? I have about 12 people I'm sending this to--so babysitting each compter is not possble.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2013 2:43 AM   in reply to anagramable

I have quite often issue with updated HTML components. Force quit Content Viewer and then it should be ok again.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to anagramable

This is, unfortunately, an underlying problem with iOS. It is caching the HTML content even though we are updating it, and there's nothing we can do about it

Maybe try clearing the mobile Safari cache and see if that works?

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 10:29 AM   in reply to anagramable

That sounds like an Edge-related issue, as all we do is consume the .oam file produced by Edge. Try checking with the Edge forum people to see if they know how to resolve this?

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 4:38 PM   in reply to anagramable

Just a quick heads-up: the Edge (Animate) product manager has declared that there will be a Publish option soon, to restrict the content (images) and even the CSS and JS to only the necessary parts. That might help ! And the .oam file is a bit messy in some aspects. The posterframe can bug you (not being transparant, or not disappearing), all kinds of bugs are present in the current .oam output. Try using plain web output for the time being, and direct the main HTML file to a web content frame yourself. Read Bob Bringhurst's brilliant DPS Tips app to learn how to pack the HTML and associated files into a zipped resource (which is a bit like what the .oam file is).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points