Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Edit multiple frames and free transform tool - is this normal operation?

Mar 25, 2013 2:40 AM

Hi!

OS X 10.7.5 FLSAH 10.0.2

In my work I often reworking one document to many different formats.

Ghostly effect on the "Motions tween". For some reason this feature is not completely computable and every time works differently.

screen movies: http://cl.ly/1X0H033S0T2K

This tool is completely crazy, even when scaling percentages. Is this normal behavior of Flash CS 4?

Regards!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2013 7:01 AM   in reply to MarioMari

It's almost as if the layers are turned into 3d and the perspective is being altered somehow. I tried this in CS5.5 and I can say it does exactly the same thing. I'm looking at the 3d perspective and view and I don't see any alterations in there due to this. And I'm confirming you must have multiple objects selected to get this behavior, a single object works as expected.

If someone with CS6 can confirm this is still an issue too it would be worth adding in to http://bugbase.adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,211 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 25, 2013 7:26 AM   in reply to sinious

it looks like he's selecting both objects and the motion path when he clicks select all and he's selecting with the free transform tool.

use the selection tool and select both objectss.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 8:06 AM   in reply to kglad

I deselected and single clicked each piece of text (didn't do select all like he did) and it only shows the motion path for the second object (but shouldn't have it selected). They still go nuts when you scale it. Just try it, it's not functioning up to CS5.5.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,211 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 25, 2013 8:32 AM   in reply to sinious

i see the problem.  the multiple frame stuff is a red herring.

the problem is caused by scaling two objects simultaneously while, at least, one has a motion tween. 

i haven't had time to further pin down the problem but flash is changing the motion tween in some pretty bizarre ways when you do that.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 5:34 AM   in reply to MarioMari

You're better off taking this portion of the timeline and putting it in a MovieClip to contain it, then placing that clip on the timeline in replace. Then scale that "container" MovieClip.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,211 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 26, 2013 7:08 AM   in reply to MarioMari

this is a transform panel bug with scaling, rotating and skewing.  interestingly, using 3d transforms works, as expected.

but, if you use the transform tool instead of the transform panel, there's no issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points