Skip navigation
Chris@Badgers
Currently Being Moderated

In PE7 when previewing DVD why doesn't it return to Scene menu at end of scene

Mar 25, 2013 7:33 AM

Hi I have jusy finished a video for DVD with 3 movies , the first with many scenes. I have used scene, movie and stop markers as documented. I got an error warning saying the DVD markers were too close, so I moved apart some Movie and Stop markers, though each movie navigation worked OK. The warnings went away. But when I preview the movie with mutliple scenes, it doesn't return to the scene menu after a scene. Chris

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to Chris@Badgers

The playback will return the viewer to the main menu when it hits a Stop Marker. Otherwise, at the end of timeline, it will return to the scene menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 7:40 AM   in reply to Chris@Badgers

If Steve's suggestion does not clear up the navigation for you, could you post a screen-cap of your Timeline, showing all of the Markers, and also let us know which Menu Set you chose?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 8:13 AM   in reply to Chris@Badgers

Chris,

If one adds a Stop Marker, at the end of that Scene, then the navigation will return the user to the Scene Selection Menu. If there is no Stop Marker, then the playback will start at that Scene and progress past other Chapter Markers, until it hits a Stop Marker.

One quick note: Steve mentioned that when playback hits the end of the Timeline, navigation will automatically return to the Scene Selection Menu. That is correct, AND one does NOT want to add a Stop Marker at the end of the Timeline - that return, from that point, is automatic, and adding a Stop Marker to the end of the Timeline can create problems, when the Vobulator (the module, that creates the VOB files, and adds the MPEG-2 AV files to them, plus creates the navigation in the first VOB) hits that "end of Timeline" Stop Marker, it chokes. Just a little tip.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 8:35 AM   in reply to Chris@Badgers

Chris,

About the best explanation to DVD/BD navigation creation, that I have ever found, is in Steve Grisetti's Muvipix Guide to Premiere Elements. He covers everything very well. I cannot recommend that book too much.

Though I have been doing video-editing for a very long time, and the last decade has been on Adobe programs, I still rely on Steve's book quite often. It is especially important, regarding PrE's authoring functions, which are applied semi-automatically. For many years, I have done everything, regarding authoring, by hand in Adobe Encore. Almost nothing is done semi-automatically, and I have to design and set almost every element in the navigation. That is easy for me. When I go to PrE to author, Steve's book is always at my side, to make sure that I do not mess things up. [Personally, I think that Adobe should just up the prices of PrE a bit, and include a copy of the Muvipix Guide in each box, and with each download... ]

Good luck and happy authoring,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 11:25 AM   in reply to Chris@Badgers

Chris,

PrE 11 is the latest version of both Steve's book and PrE.

As for the UK, Steve can probably help you out there, as he knows the distribution better than I do.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points