• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud: InDesign and Illustrator installation failure

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased access to Creative Cloud, prior to that I had a trial version of Illustrator (that worked just fine) and attempted to do the trial of InDesign (which did not work, everytime that I tried to open the program it would crash and close).  I have tried to download and install both InDesign and Illustrator from Creative Cloud a number of times only to receive errors in the installation process. I have tried to change the font permissions on my computer (since that seems to be the folder affected), uninstalling and then re-installing InDesign and Illustrator with no success.

Here are the installation error messages for InDesign:

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF040 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: Recommended Common Fonts Installation 2.0.0.0 {DE7C6FA1-AF75-48A8-B495-CFAD529BCC3D} -----------

ERROR: DF040: Failed to add Font 'C:\Windows\Fonts\ACaslonPro-Bold.otf'. Error: 2(Seq 3)

----------- Payload: Required Common Fonts Installation 2.0.0.0 {311CDC89-AC18-4344-9EC9-0225328C73D3} -----------

ERROR: DF040: Failed to add Font 'C:\Windows\Fonts\AdobeArabic-Bold.otf'. Error: 2(Seq 3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the installaiton errors that appear for Illustrator:

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF040 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 4 error(s)

----------- Payload: Recommended Common Fonts Installation 2.0.0.0 {DE7C6FA1-AF75-48A8-B495-CFAD529BCC3D} -----------

ERROR: DF040: Failed to add Font 'C:\Windows\Fonts\ACaslonPro-Bold.otf'. Error: 2(Seq 3)

----------- Payload: Recommended Common Fonts Installation x64 2.0.0.0 {8085C16A-3148-40B4-BC8B-12ED59C9C478} -----------

ERROR: DF040: Failed to add Font 'C:\Windows\Fonts\ACaslonPro-Bold.otf'. Error: 2(Seq 4)

----------- Payload: Required Common Fonts Installation 2.0.0.0 {311CDC89-AC18-4344-9EC9-0225328C73D3} -----------

ERROR: DF040: Failed to add Font 'C:\Windows\Fonts\AdobeArabic-Bold.otf'. Error: 2(Seq 3)

----------- Payload: Required Common Fonts Installation x64 2.0.0.0 {63594DD4-0241-422A-93A5-B6530040E1C7} -----------

ERROR: DF040: Failed to add Font 'C:\Windows\Fonts\AdobeArabic-Bold.otf'. Error: 2(Seq 4)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything on that page and the installation is still coming up with the same errors. My friend who works in IT department has looked at it twice for extended periods of time and couldn't solve the issue either. Do you know if there is anywhere that I can go to have someone help me in person with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uppalo52 you are welcome to contact our chat support team at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

To confirm you were unable to locate Adobe Casalon Pro and Adobe Arabic in the C:\Windows\Font directory?  If you are unable to locate them then it could be a write permission issue.  Have you tried adjusting the file permissions on the C:\Windows\Font directory using the directions provided by Mylenium in message #1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please move all the fonts creating error to another location (lets say to your desktop) from C:\Windows\Fonts\and reinstall.

Here are the fonts creating prpblem in the installation:

1.     ACaslonPro-Bold.otf

2.     AdobeArabic-Bold.otf

Move these two fonts back to the same location after successfull install of Adobe products.

Thanks

Kapil Malik

Regards,
Kapil Malik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kapil,

I checked and I don't have those fonts on my computer. Do I have to purchase them from Adobe in order for the installation to work?

- Adriana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ,

I agree with Jeff. If you are not able to locate these files mentioned in the log file you should try activating hidden administrator account in case of windows and Root account in case of MAC and retry the install in that user account.

Thanks

Kapil Malik

Regards,
Kapil Malik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines