Skip navigation
Leunammeod
Currently Being Moderated

Can't import NEF pictures from my D3s in my Element 8 organizer!

Mar 25, 2013 3:34 PM

Hello there!

I have been using Element 8 for several years now and I’m very happy with it. It is quite enough for the kind of work I’m doing with my pictures. I shoot exclusively RAW with my Nikon cameras a D80 and a D300s. The Camera Raw plug-in included in Element 8 that is Camera Raw 5.5.0.97 just works great with Nikon NEF format.

As my photographic skills are improving, I decided to go to full format pictures and I recently invested in a second hand Nikon D3s camera. A lot of money for me anyway…! Here again I was intending to shoot NEF and I went out last week-end for some wild life shooting. When I came back home then and started to import the RAW pictures from my new D3s directly in the Element 8 organizer (as I do with the other Nikon cameras), to my great disappointment the operation proved fruitless and while the pictures could be saved on my computer hard drive it was impossible to import them in the organizer!

Every time I got the following message: “ ! Nothing was imported. The files or folders selected to import did not contain any supported file types, or the files are already in this catalogue. Reason: Files are damaged or are a format that cannot be included in the Organizer”.

Actually the files are not already in the catalogue and I don’t see why all my 200 pictures would be damaged when I’m only using memory cards recommended by Nikon! It sounds quite weird that I can import RAW pictures from my D300s and not from my D3s. Both are Nikon NEF and I believe both models were released pretty much the same year (2009), weren’t they?

The fact is that I cannot work further with my pictures from my D3s right now and it is very annoying as some people are waiting for these pictures.

I would me the most thankful if I could get some help on this issue.

All the best

Emmanuel (Uppsala-Sweden)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2013 3:53 PM   in reply to Leunammeod

Your files are not damaged, the problem is that your software cannot read the files. You need to install Camera Raw 5.6, or download the free Adobe DNG converter version 7.3 and use that to convert your files to DNG.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2013 2:39 AM   in reply to Leunammeod

You can update PSE 8 to ACR 6.2; so your D3s NEF files are definitely supported.

Launch the Editor (Full Edit) and from the menu click:

Help >> Updates

If ACR 6.2 is shown as available, simply choose it and then install the plug-in.

Otherwise use the link below:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=40&platform =Windows

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points