Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Importing folders into Elements

Mar 25, 2013 4:46 PM

Tags: #import #folder_structure

I've had Elements 11 for some time and can't use it as I can't seem to find a way to import an existing folder structure of images. It imports it flat, with every subfolder and parent folder listed on the same level, so my organisation is shot to hell.
I'm sure it's me being dumb, (but in fact it's Elements being incredibly un-intuitive) but can someone point me to how to import an existing folder structure with many images, retaining the structure after import?

Actually thinking about it, I can barely remember how to import at all, I found it quite difficult to achieve and I think I might have drag and dropped some files?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2013 10:25 PM   in reply to howmanypigginnamesdoitry

The list shown under 'My folders' is flat list. It shows all the folders in flat state. To see your folders in hierarchy (tree form), click on a little folder icon located adjace to 'My folders' text.

Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2013 10:26 PM   in reply to howmanypigginnamesdoitry

There are two views of folder in PSE11. One is the flat fodler view which you able to see on the UI by default. You may switch to tree view of folders by clicking Cmd+T or Ctrl+T or by clicking the small icon just infront of "My Folders" label in the left panel.

To import media from a folder hierarchy, you may choose too right click on corresponding folder in tree view of folders and choose "Import Meida". Or you may import using File >> get Photos and Videos >> From files and folders.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points