Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to configure the reference page for Table of contents

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using FrameMaker 10 and I've created a table of contents for a book but I can't get the correct configuration.

The output that I have is as following :

GEN 0........................................................................................GEN 0.1 - 1

GEN 0.1 PREFACE .................................................................GEN 0.1 - 1

1. NAME OF PUBLISHING AUTORITHY........................GEN 0.1 - 1

2. ORDERING PUBLICATIONS AND AMENDMENT SERVICESGEN

0.1 - 3

What I need to have is :

GEN 0........................................................................................GEN 0.1 - 1

GEN 0.1 PREFACE .................................................................GEN 0.1 - 1

1. NAME OF PUBLISHING AUTORITHY........................GEN 0.1 - 1

2. ORDERING PUBLICATIONS AND

AMENDMENT SERVICES.............................................GEN 0.1 - 3

The wrong configurazione is obtained setting the reference page as below :

openXmlElementId <$relfilename>:<$UniqueXmlElementId> <$RelativeXmlElementId>

openObjectId <$relfilename>:<$ObjectType> <$ObjectId>

<$paratext> ..................................................................<$volnum>.<$chapnum> - <$pagenum>

<$paranum>  <$paratext>...........................................<$volnum>.<$chapnum> - <$pagenum>

Using left tab stop to add dots .

There is a way to make the text stop in a certain point?

If not is it possible to have the reference page structured in a table?

Thanks in advance for help !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of tricks to making the content wrap earlier than the paragraph right margin.

1. In the original source content, judiciously use non-breaking spaces (ctrl+space) between words, e.g. AMENMENDENT _ SERVICES , where " _ " represents FM's hard/non-breaking space.

2. In the paratag definition for the the TOC entry, on the Advanced tab, set the Word Spacing Minimum value to be much greater than the Maximum value, e.g. 200% for minimum and 100% for Maximum. You can play with these by increasing or decreasing the ratio to get the wrap to occur moe or less where you want it. This is an undocumented "feature".

Note: I would also suggest trying to use a right tab-stop instead to align your GEN entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arnis Gubis ,

thanks a lot for your quick answer ! Your tricks haven't resolved my problem but at least they made my TOC looks better.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to consider third-party solutions:

Kind regards,
Klaus Müller, itl AG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines