Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Using a Video Button. Do I have to make a timeline for video clip?

Mar 25, 2013 5:21 PM

I am just learning how to use Encore CS6 and I have a question.

When I add a Video Button to my menu and want add a video clip inside that button do I have to make that clip its own Timeline or can I keep the clip in my Project Panel and just Drag and Drop  it into the Video Button itself?

Thanks in advance

Encore CS 6

Power Mac Intel Xeon

10GB RAM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2013 8:04 PM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

To use the Encore feature of animated buttons, the button must be linked to a timeline. You can create a video background, including a scaled animation in the area of a button using any video you like, in another program (After Effects or Premiere).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 8:24 PM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

>just learning

I am not sure that your exact question is covered, but the tutorial list in message #3 http://forums.adobe.com/message/2276578 may help

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 7:42 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

Missed this here...

I answered on Cow:

One video per timeline is really the easy way. And there are problems when some types of videos/audio tracks are put on the same timeline.

You do not have to have any timelines open. And you can click on the timeline tab and select all timelines at once to add end action etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 12:05 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

I will add a +1 to Stanley's suggestion to Import each Video AS a Timeline in Encore. Especially if one is just starting out, it makes life very simple, and gets around several potential problems. It looks complicated, but, as Stanley points out, it is really very simple.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points