Skip navigation
bdfjbnsduibfuidbvadf
Currently Being Moderated

launching ps cs6 macos 10.8.3 causes spacebar, enter and arrow keys to stop working.

Mar 25, 2013 8:29 PM

Tags: #keyboard #cs6 #spacebar

i have a mac air 10.8.3 with cs6 V13.1.2 x64. The machine is running fine. I use an external usb apple keyboard, which is brand new (having just been returned from apple after a warranty case).

Launching Photoshop causes the space bar, the enter key, the up-down-left-right keys to become unresponsive to the entire operating system, even after photoshop is closed. Restarting the mac resolves the issue. Photoshop is the only foreground application launched, nothing else is running (other than background services and things like dropbox, sip, etc).

The issue affects both the external usb keyboard, and the in-built keyboard.

I have tried deleting my photoshop prefs file, which makes no difference.

I have noted that bringing up the keyboard viewer ( Keyboard preferences > 'show keyboard & character viewers in menu bar'; then from the icon choosing 'Show keyboard viewer' ) will not show the key as being depressed. CLICKING on the SPACEBAR key, the ENTER or ARROW KEYS in the keyboard viewer also does not work!

Photoshop CS6 is the only application that causes this behaviour.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2013 11:42 PM   in reply to bdfjbnsduibfuidbvadf

Photoshop cannot do that, especially after it is closed!

It would have to be an OS issue, or a utility of some sort that modifies or captures keyboard activity across the entire OS.

You need to check your system for bogus settings, utilities, or OS level problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 1:08 PM   in reply to bdfjbnsduibfuidbvadf

Quitting out of Sip solved this for me. I was having the same issue with the spacebar, enter and arrow keys not working and I didn't have Photoshop running.

UPDATE: Apparently this was a known issue for Sip v1.2.3. Hopefully the v1.2.4 update addresses the keyboard issue. Fingers crossed!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to bdfjbnsduibfuidbvadf

It happened to me whenever I was actively copying and pasting colors

between apps (which would trigger Sip). Are you running the latest version

of Sip?

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:42 AM, bdfjbnsduibfuidbvadf <

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...