Skip navigation
JamieM216
Currently Being Moderated

issue when installing JQuery mobile App

Mar 25, 2013 11:00 PM

Tags: #jquery #dreamweaver #html5

Hi, i realy hope someone can help. I have developed an Android App in dreamweaver SC5.5 using  jquery mobile. The app itself works fine but when installing it tells me the app has permission to access all of the androids features, eg: test messages, camera, memory etc. How can i change this?

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 25, 2013 11:22 PM   in reply to JamieM216

Your app demands those 3 features from your device. So, your device is letting you know that your app will have access to those. If that's how you want it, you can safely confirm the message and proceed with installation.

There's no way that you can disable the device from prompting for permission when your app is programmed to use those features.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2013 11:47 PM   in reply to JamieM216

Sudarshan can correct me if I am wrong, but what I infer is that you can choose to access Android features from your application if you want to. Whether you want to access them through your application is your discretion. It does not imply that  your application will be using/forced to use those features.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Mar 26, 2013 12:25 AM   in reply to Preran

+1 Preran. That is why your device is prompting to let you know that your app 'demands' the use of those features. Its at your users discretion to allow/ disallow that.

@Jamie: Glad you've found a fix. Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2013 12:57 AM   in reply to JamieM216

Hi Jamie,

If this is an XML file from within Dreamweaver, can you post the name of the file here so that other users could benefit from it?

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points