Skip navigation
vasnas
Currently Being Moderated

How to convert PDF to 1-bit (2 tones) Black & White gamma, without grey?

Mar 26, 2013 5:00 AM

Tags: #grey #b&w #1-bit #coloure

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2013 11:45 AM   in reply to vasnas

You may check to see if there is a preflight script for B&W in your version of Acrobat. AA8 on this machine only had gray-scale conversion.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 12:09 PM   in reply to Bill@VT

I always hate to say that it's not possible in this forum but even in Acrobat XI, there are only profiles and fixups in Preflight to convert to grayscale.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 2:07 PM   in reply to vasnas

That's what I'm saying: There appears to be no such capability to create a bi-level (black/white) image, ONLY grayscale is available.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 6:05 PM   in reply to vasnas

One other you might try (I have not) is to print the gray-scale PDF to a new PDF with B&W selected in the printer properties. Not sure it will work, but might do what you want. I am just throwing ideas out, not sure any will work. B&W has long been a problem in the sense you are trying to do it. As far as I know, there is not an option to create bitmap graphics like newspapers to simulate gray-scale.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 7:05 PM   in reply to vasnas

vasnas wrote:

Why would you want just B&W only unless it is wireform type graphic.  even pictures back in the day of Box type Brownie Camera were not true B& white the were Black,White, and shades of grey or were sephia tone. I have a Graphics program that convert Color to 2 bit B&W and they look awful because it kills all the grayscale. Just shows the Black and the white and nothing in between It can thogh save in PDF even though its originally a jpeg, png, gif antons of others Its called Graphics Converter.  Photoshop is Great and I have it but it can't convert to all the different graphic types and file types GC can.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 9:38 AM   in reply to vasnas

Now That is easy:

save the new created file  as PDF but as a Different name (add a letter or number would be sufficient)

1. Now open the original.
    2. open Tools
    3. click on pages
    4. choose replace pages
    5. choose the file to replace with
    6. choose a starting point (page number)
    7. and whther to change all or just certain page numbers.

If a Form you may have to click on the Field and use arrow keys

⬆

⬅   ⬅

⬇

Or if yours don't have arrows but has a group of four keys together in Lower Right keyboard and have such names as Home, End , etc those are the same thing

you then keep hiting each key until its in previous position.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2013 6:48 AM   in reply to vasnas

I was faced with this same issue but as it was our very non-techy end users that require it had to look for alternatives.

Enter Autodesk Design Review 2013, which can happily open PDF's and upon clicking "Print" offers B&W.

As a bonus, if you mark up the image in DR, you can have the image in B&W and the Markup in colour if you so desire.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points