Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS6 not creating preview extractions for .mp4, .mov .wmv or .avi

Mar 26, 2013 6:53 AM

Tags: #.avi #.mov #.mp4 #bridge_cs6 #preview_extractions

In all versions up to now when I would cache my folders with video files they would create preview extractions so that I could scroll through the video in the Preview Pane.

The only files that are doing this now are the .flv files (which ironically do not create a thumnail image, and never have in Bridge, but that's another topic altogether.)

I looked through all the preferences and I don't see a way to turn preview extractions on or off.

How do I "force" Bridge to create the previews and why did it not do it automatically like all previous versions have?

Thank you!

I have a brand 2 month old top of the line iMac with all the latest software and plenty of free space. This is definitely an issue w Bridge, not my computer.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2013 8:42 AM   in reply to CameronLS1

With folder present click Tools/Cache/purge cache for xxx folder.  Let it rebuild.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 10:09 AM   in reply to CameronLS1

This does not make any sense  as CS6 is better at generating icons than preveious versions.  When you installed Bridge on new computeer did you put it there with disks or a download, or did you copy from old machine?  Do the video files play properly?  Does it recognize the cache directory?  Are other thumbnails generated?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 11:01 AM   in reply to Curt Y

I have also had trouble with video in CS6 bridge and PS. I have had to run as administrator in the past as a work around, although I still can't import videos into photoshop; it always hangs and I must force close.

Also, if you have a 64 bit and 32 bit version, one may not work for video.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2014 2:59 PM   in reply to CameronLS1

I was having an issue very similar to this. I tested it on CC, CS6 and both did the same thing. No previews and if i tried to purge the cache, it would stop responding all together. Then I noticed I had an eps file with no file extention. I went ahead and removed it from the folder and now everything works like it should. If the above option of purging does not work, try to remove the files and see if one of them is an issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points