Skip navigation
matthewrwilliams
Currently Being Moderated

Can I upgrade from DW CS4 PC to DW CS6 OS X?

Mar 26, 2013 10:45 AM

Tags: #cs4 #mac #dreamweaver #windows #pc #upgrade #os_x #cs6

I bought a Macbook Pro and need to get DW CS6.  Will my upgrade work with the PC DW CS4 key or does it require an OS X previous version?  If so, can I convert my CS4 version from PC to OS X then perform the upgrade?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to matthewrwilliams

Hi Matthew,

"You can swap (crossgrade) the platform or language of a single-user product to a different platform or language of the same product. Swap (crossgrade) if you've been using the product on a particular platform or language, and then change your operating system or require a different language version.

You can swap only current versions, and only if the equivalent product is available for the new language or platform."

I am thinking that the best way would be to first perform the platform swap and then upgrade to the newer version.

Read this document for more info. Order Product : Platform, Language swap (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/order-product-platfo rm-language-swap.html)

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 10:57 AM   in reply to matthewrwilliams

If you join the Creative Cloud you can download & install CS6 on either Mac, PC or both and you get regular upgrades as soon as they are available. 

Buying Guide

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/buying-guide.html

Save 40% on Creative Cloud subscription

https://creativecloud-specialoffer.adobe.com/special-offer/?loc=en_US& cc=us

Perpetual License users must obtain either Mac or PC version of the software.  And you only get minimal updates.  Contact Adobe regarding a cross-upgrade.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 11:33 AM   in reply to Nancy O.

I think Nancy's option is the best way to go for you.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of 12/31/12 didn't Adobe go to a 1 version back policy on upgrades so they would not even be eligible for a cross-grade because an upgrade is no longer available.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 11:38 AM   in reply to SnakEyez02

According to the CC site:

"Current Creative Suite users - Save 40% off the first year on Adobe Creative Cloud.    Offer available to all registered users of individual products and suites, CS3 or later. Not available for education or volume licensing customers."

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 12:24 PM   in reply to SnakEyez02

SnakEyez02 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of 12/31/12 didn't Adobe go to a 1 version back policy on upgrades so they would not even be eligible for a cross-grade because an upgrade is no longer available.

Yes.

Not sure why Preran suggests platform swap then upgrade since neither is possible in this case.

The options here are to either purchase a full version of CS6 or join the Cloud.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points