Skip navigation
MikeB2342
Currently Being Moderated

Issues with video/audio playback and Source window

Mar 26, 2013 11:47 AM

I have some video that I am trying to import to get into my sequence. Anytime I open the video into my source window (or drag it to the timeline), the audio goes crazy. It starts skipping around and jumbling itself. When I open the video file in Quicktime on my computer, it opens and plays fine. Also, I don't know if it is unrelated, but sometimes when I open a video in my Source window, there is no audio. I can drag it to the Sequence and double click on it to bring the Sequence video into the Source window and it plays fine.

The video that I am having issues with is a .mov filmed from an iPad (not sure which iPad model). It is filmed in Portrait mode, not sure if that matters. Please let me know what other information might be needed to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2013 12:36 PM   in reply to MikeB2342

First, answer the questions in the Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Second, it MAY be that ipad video is like iphone video

Iphone won't edit easily because it uses a variable frame rate

- A fix in message #22 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/934466

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 1:34 PM   in reply to MikeB2342

- I have installed K-Lite Codec pack when I got the computer.

MAJOR MISTAKE

It may require a complete reformat of your boot disk and a fresh install of OS and programs. Remember to de-activate Adobe before formatting your disk. And NEVER install a codec pack. Codecs should only be installed if you have many references that it works with Adobe AND you really need it. K-Lite is not among them. And get rid of QuiRcktime on a Windows machine. If the iPad is similar to iPhone, then the problems could well be variable framerates and that requires converting outside of Adobe to an edfitable format in another wrapper than .mov.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 2:50 PM   in reply to MikeB2342

QuiRcktime causes gamma shifts that are not desirable and it completely destroys the 64 bit nature of PR because it is only a 32 bit application, so everything runs much slower and can not use memory over 4 GB, well effectively over 3 GB. As soon as you use QuiRcktime, even if you have 64 GB of memory installed, no more than 3 GB can be used so there will be a much more instensive use of the pagefile, slowing down all the exports drastically.

Many have found that uninstalling K-Lite does not solve the problems they have and the only option was reformatting and reinstalling. It might be your only option as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2013 3:53 PM   in reply to MikeB2342

>have any suggestions

Did you read #22 in the link I provided?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2014 2:32 AM   in reply to MikeB2342

you can convert the .mov file to a more common standard file format like mp4 using Handbrake or AppGeeker.

This guide will walk you through the process > QuickTime mov to mp4

This may help you, Still, it is worth a look.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points