Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unabe to install APE10 64bit on new hard drive

Mar 26, 2013 11:39 AM

I purchase a box of 5 Disks which contained APE10 32 bit & 64 bit in 2012.   Insaalled 32 bit on  my C: drive and it worked fine. Worked half way through a video I shot at Xmas 2011. Then I decided to switch to a 64 bit system.

Installed a 64 bit Windows 7on a new C:drive. but lett the original disk,  now D: drive.  I  tried to install disk 1 but told me to use disk 2 for 64 bit APE 10..  Computer wouldnot load disk 2 but works fine on all other disks.

Is there an Adobe install disk for 64 Bit APE10? 

Thanks for all help.  John

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2013 4:56 PM   in reply to Hoppy100

Disc 2 is the installation disc for Windows 7 64-bit.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 1:15 PM   in reply to Hoppy100

When you insert that Disc 2, into the multi-drive, and look at it with Windows Explorer (or Finder on a Mac), do you see all of the files and folders? If the computer will not correctly read that disc, it might be damaged.

In some cases of minor damage, users have been able to use a burning/copying utility, like ImgBurn to Copy that damaged DVD to a new, blank one, and have gotten that Copy to function, properly. If the damage is great, then there will be a problem. Adobe has a "replacement disc" policy, BUT that is usually only for the latest version, i.e. PrE 11 in this case.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to Hoppy100

John,

Good news, and thanks for posting what worked for you.

As you had the original installation (though the C:\ changed to D:\), I would guess that the Registry links were just messed up.

Happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points