Skip navigation
willfigureitout
Currently Being Moderated

I'm getting Could not save the file. An internal error occurred.

Mar 26, 2013 12:31 PM

Tags: #file #error #save #not #internal #fireworks #cs6 #the #could #occurred

I'm working on a school assignment in Fireworks CS6. Without warning, I can't save my work anymore. Then Fireworks shut down without warning. The files did not have my latest revisions. I started to make a new file and now that doesn't want to save.

I'm not doing anything complicated. I have a canvas with icons in 12 different sizes. I'm just cleaning up the artwork for the smaller versions. Once I'm finished with an icon, I group it.

Would appreciate some help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2013 6:32 AM   in reply to willfigureitout

Known "issue" without any solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 2:50 PM   in reply to willfigureitout

Fireworks is incredibly buggy, and has memory issues which lead to frequent freezes, crashes, and errors.  There is really no fix to this, and it almost makes the product unusable (a shame since it's the only Adobe product created for screen design).

I suggest editing your fireworks preference file and enabling auto-save.   Just do a google search and you should find some instructions.

Also, if you notice Fireworks acting weird in ANY way, i.e slowing down or glitching, save your work immediately and restart fireworks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2013 12:31 AM   in reply to willfigureitout

I was having the same problem and was finally able to fix it.

I was losing my mind because I had just produced 4 hours of screens and It was generating the same 'could not save file' error.

I refused to give in and began closing windows within adobe and other programs to save ram.

still no luck...

Finally I gave in and clicked the X button to exit the program.

Fireworks prompted me to save the last 2 files I had been working on. With much doubt in my mind I clicked the 'yes' button and magically it saved both files.

So there's your answer.

Simply close the fireworks program and click 'yes' to the Save prompts. It should save them without error.

So much for bug fixes, sometimes you have to H4X 7H47 5H17 40U253LF

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points