Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS 6 Encore not burning blu-ray on Mac

Mar 26, 2013 5:36 PM

Trying to do my first authoring and burning of a blu-ray dvd and everything was going great until the build stage. I'm using an external Samsung SE-506AB writer which is USB powered. Once the project is transcoded and moves onto the writing stage I get this error message, "device error", Code:"3", Note:"AS_StorageERROR = -97060. I've also tried the disc image route and received this error, Blu-ray ERROR:"", Code: "0", Note:" and this one Blu-ray ERROR:"not enough free storage", Note: "not enough disc space. I've searched these boards and the only resolution that I think may be helpful to this point is not enough power to the blu-ray writer but I just don't know. The Samsung plays discs fine too. Please help! Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2013 7:24 PM   in reply to RD Edits

Did you look at the FAQ list at the top of http://forums.adobe.com/community/encore ?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 5:07 AM   in reply to RD Edits

I didn't delete the "authorscriptHDMV sessions" folder simply because I don't know where it is!

CS6 appears to automatically delete this folder. So if you are CS6, just ignore that option.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 8:28 AM   in reply to RD Edits

The only difference between my test project and the real project is the menu. It's a simple menu with an animated background and one "play" button... that's the only difference! I gottat get at least 5 different DVD's done today, all of the contenet is from 2-5 minutes in lentgh, that's not a lot of media to be causing a storage issue.

You are using the identical video?

Usually the best workaround is to export an MPEG2-DVD and import that to Encore. If these are really that short, just use a CBR 8.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to RD Edits

Sorry; forgot you were doing a bluray. MPEG2-DVD may be okay as a test. Are you exporting a QT, H264, rather than H264 bluray?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 9:39 AM   in reply to RD Edits

You want to avoid transcoding twice. There is an export format from Premiere as H.264 Bluray. Once in Encore, all the H.264 options are of the H.264 Bluray variety. I think the H.264 Bluray just limits some options so they will be bluray spec. But if you are relying on Encore to transcode it to spec, you've already transcoded it to something that may not be first. Sorry; a little short on time, and I know my answers are incomplete.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 11:55 AM   in reply to RD Edits

When you are getting numerous errors, look at the run as admin, disk permissions etc.

Create a new project, add an already transcoded asset; see if that works.

Build to a folder rather than burning a disk; it eliminates some of the problems to see if your basics are working.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to RD Edits

You're mac or pc? Imgburn for PC; toast for Mac.

I'm not sure about folder for toast vs building to an image.

Partly the folder is just testing, but sometimes it (or building to an image) are a great workaround.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 2:55 PM   in reply to RD Edits

Toast does not author... it writes what you create on your hard drive to a DVD

So... use Encore to create an ISO file, or a DVD as a folder on your hard drive, and then use Toast to burn

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 7:12 PM   in reply to John T Smith

John/Stan,

As a last ditch effort and just to see if Encore would do it, I burned an SD DVD and it worked without any issue. I'm reallt lost here as to what to do, do you think the Samsung blu-ray writer is not fast enough to handle this, even though I did burn one no menu blu-ray last night. I really have no idea where to go. When I tried the ISO with Toast I'd get a "files unknown" message. I'm at a point were I may have to tell my client he will need to go somewhere else to get this done, pretty disappointed right now.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 5:57 AM   in reply to RD Edits

I had the same error - without going down the Toast path on a mac, have you tried using your disk utility to burn your ISO? I just tried it using the Samsung External SE-506 using an MPEG-2 encoded Blu-Ray and thankfully it worked - even the PS3 is happy to play it.

Don't hate me for assuming that you don't know how to burn ISOs in disk utility, but you need to open the utility, then go to File, then go to Open Disk Image. Find the .iso that you've saved and it will become an accessable drive. Insert a brand new BD disk into your burner and click on burn. Hopefully - it'll get you out of a scrape. Whilst I'm annoyed that Adobe has decided to not follow this up for nearly a year, having the .iso work around is kind of handy, I now can just archive the .iso for completed jobs.

I'd give the mpeg-2 setting a go - even though H264 is a superior CODEC, it only saves you space. MPEG-2 is still a safe bet for anyone with an older Blu-Ray player (I'd hate to spend hours building something for a client to turn around and say "it won't play", and default all the way.)

The handy thing about disc utility burning .isos is that it assumes that you already have all of the proper architecture in the file, so menus, transitions, pop-ups are maintained.

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points