Skip navigation
counselor480
Currently Being Moderated

How do I get flash player to work in the guest account

Mar 26, 2013 5:56 PM

Tags: #problem #account #guest

I have a Windows Vista 32 bit system with IE 9 and am unable to get the latest flash player as of 032613 to work in the guest account.  The error message keeps coming up insufficient flash drive and to upload it again and again and again.  The flash drive works fine in the administrator and standard account, but, does not work in the guest account.  I have gone through the the steps listed in the flash player games, video, or audio don't work with no success guide and finally got to the end where it notes to report it to the flash player forum. 

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 26, 2013 5:57 PM   in reply to counselor480

Can you post a screenshot of the error you are getting with the standard/guest account?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4209263

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 2, 2013 12:44 PM   in reply to counselor480

Could you try running through the steps outlined in this FAQ?  You should be able to use Flash in both accounts (as long as it was installed with admin access.)  I suspect something has corrupted the permissions (file, folder, or registry) and this might fix it up.

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 5, 2013 5:42 PM   in reply to counselor480

Trying to find out if we support the guest account.  Will let you know what I hear back.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 8, 2013 4:33 PM   in reply to counselor480

So I've heard that guest mode should be supported as long as it was installed by an admin account (which you've done.)  The only thing that our install team wasn't sure on was the "Insufficient Flash Player Requirements" dialog.  Could you try taking a screenshot of this and emailing (or attaching it to a reply) so we can understand where this is coming from?

This help doc shows how to do this on Vista using the built in tools.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/use-snipping-tool-to- capture-screen-shots

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 8, 2013 6:20 PM   in reply to counselor480

This doesn't sound like our dialog, but a screenshot of your desktop when this occurs would be very helpful.  If you'd like to email it to me, please send it to ccampbel@adobe.com.

For what it's worth, I just gave the guest account a try under Windows 7 and had no problem accessing flash content on IE 9.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points