Skip navigation
BrontyBronty
Currently Being Moderated

Creative Cloud CS6 - Apps learning for Web Designer/Developer

Mar 26, 2013 11:49 PM

Tags: #workflow

Creative Cloud CS6 - Apps learning for Web Designer/Developer

As a beginner, from scratch and for an efficient and well organised step by step learning, please:

1. suggest where to start from. I assume that Muse is the first App to learn
  2. after Muse the next steps would be?

May I ask to consider that a complete, very descriptive and easy explanation is needeed?

Thanks!

Bruno

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 27, 2013 3:20 AM   in reply to BrontyBronty

[moved to web design forum]

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 2:54 PM   in reply to BrontyBronty

If you're serious about learning web design & development, learn all you can about web design theory, HTML, CSS and JavaScript. 

Start with the tutorials in these web sites:

Muse is consumer level software aimed at non-coders & hobbyists.  However, there is a trade-off for all that "ease of use" which is less than ideal code, limited features and using MU for the life of the site. 

Dreamweaver is pro-level software. If you have the skills & a good working knowledge of coding fundaments, there is no end to what you can do with it.  It's a great tool that will help you write better code & be more productive.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to BrontyBronty

FYI: The auto responders & signatures in your e-mail are coming into the web forum.  You might want to use the web forum instead of personal e-mail for replies here.

Yes, PHP & MySql are good coding skills to have.  But you need to crawl before you can walk.  So I think you should master HTML, CSS & JavaScript before you tackle more advanced programming languages.

Photoshop alone or with Lightroom is used to create and manipulate photos & complex graphics for print & web.  Photoshop has a much steeper learning curve than Fireworks but it can do so much more.  I personally prefer Photoshop for web graphics because I've been using it for 20 years.  Some people prefer Fireworks for web graphics.  Use whichever tools you feel most comfortable with.

Illustrator is  for making vector graphics (logos, line art, drawings) mainly for print output.  I rarely use AI for web although you can use it and export images into Photoshop for web optimization.

InDesign is a desktop publishing app for creating printed art work like brochures, flyers, posters, product covers, menus, etc...  I never use InDesign for the web.  Although some people use it for creating e-books.

Flash is pretty much dead as a web technology.  So unless you're a game developer, you probably won't need it.

If you want to make interactive animations for the web, look at Adobe Edge Animate which outputs to HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript.

Everyone learns at their own pace.  Obviously, the more you use a product, the more accomplished you become with it. Practice, practice, practice....

Good luck!

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 2:24 PM   in reply to BrontyBronty

Illustrator makes vector graphics.  Fireworks & Photoshop make raster or pixel graphics sometimes called bitmaps.

For a discussion about the differences, see link below:

http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/design/pixel-vector-graphics-difference/

I don't know anything about Sketch2.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers