Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

HELP!? Remove 1 page from long document and shift all the rest pages

Mar 27, 2013 2:37 AM

Hello,

I am facing to following problem:

I have a long document with facing pages. Now I need to remove one left page in the middle of the document and shift all the rest pages one step forward. It means from all right pages do a left and vice versa (started from the page that was removed). There is a continous text int the whole document and left/right strip made from different photos.

To clarify the situation I am attaching the preview. I have deleted page no.12 and I need to shift page 13 to left, 14 to right after 13, 15 to left, 16 to right after 15 and so on....

Indesign problem.png

Is there any simple way how to do it?

Thank you very much for any tips.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 27, 2013 4:09 AM   in reply to @!@Marstr123

It looks to me as if you may something else going on here. Are you using right-to-left text here so the document binding would be onthe right when the book is closed? If not, your problem is not with page 13 so much as it is with the earlier pages.

Unless you force it to do otherwise by disabling page shuffling someplace, in left-to-right documents using facing pages ID will always put odd numbered pages to the right of the spine and even to the left, the opposite for right-to-left documents. In either case, it seems like you have page shuffling disabled either for the whole file or for a selected spread. You can re-enable it from the menu in the Pages panel. When ID asks if you want to maintain the current number of pages on a spread you should probably say no. Either pages 1-12 will swtch sides, or 13 and following will, and your spreads will rearrange to put two pages together as they should be.

If you  have overridden master page objects, a side effect of switching sides on the spread will be that the overridden objects will remain and the new master objects from the other side of the spread will appear behind them.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 5:35 AM   in reply to @!@Marstr123

That's always a problem with this type of layout when you adjust pages in uneven increments. If you set up the margins for just the text blocks on the master page, and sanp the frames to them, the text should move with layout adjustment enabled, but the only way I know to move the images to the other side is to anchor them inthe text using a custom anchored object and align toward or away from spine. At ths point it's probably more work to rebuild the file that way than to move frames manually.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 5:36 AM   in reply to @!@Marstr123

@!@Marstr123 wrote:

The binding is between the facing pages.

Well, yes. But where is it when you close the bound book and lay it down so you can read the cover?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points