Skip navigation
CaroVideo
Currently Being Moderated

Problem: Burned DVD won't start at menu, starts half way through first video

Mar 27, 2013 12:02 PM

Hi,

My problem is that after burning my DVD, it won't start at the menu when I insert it in the computer. I get the beachball spinning for a few seconds and then it comes up about a third of the way into the first video. The image is distorted in 4:3 and then it rightens itself.

I have first play set at the menu. Everything tests ok in the build and preview mode. Can anyone help me fix this?

I am so upset because I had successfully burned this DVDs and sent them to the client after testing. The client emailed today to say both DVDs were smashed in the mail and could I please re-burn them. I'm supposed to deliver again at 9 am tomorrow.

Thanks

Carolyn

On a Mac, running CS6. OS 10.7.5

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 27, 2013 12:12 PM   in reply to CaroVideo

Tested okay before? Re-building in Encore, or burning from an image made from the original build?

Have you tested in a DVD player?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 12:47 PM   in reply to CaroVideo

OK, with DVD software players, many have an option to "Play from last point," or "Play from beginning." Some DVD hardware players can offer the same option. If the Menu is Play First, then the client would want to choose "Play from beginning," otherwise the software player will skip to where the DVD was played to last.

If the client is still having issues, it could well be with their software player. I often recommend MediaPlayer Classic HC, which is very good, and free. I believe, however, that it is available ONLY for a PC, and not a Mac.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 1:31 PM   in reply to CaroVideo

Not familiar with any DVD software players on the Mac, but many for the PC have an option to chose one of those start point (from beginning, or from last played) as the default, so that all disc inserted into the multi-drive will always start at one, or the other, without the dialog box asking. I do not set any of my players with one as a default, as I often want one, or the other.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 3:59 PM   in reply to CaroVideo

We try.

Most of us have been in some of the same spots, and with the courier banging on the door, to deliver the final product to the client.

Though you say that you do not do authoring often, it is good to see that you are trying to do all the testing necessary, so that your client gets the best possible product. That is very important, and it shows that you take this seriously. All the more reason to try and help.

Good luck, and do not let the postman mangle the Project this time...

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points