Skip navigation
muppi3
Currently Being Moderated

Accessible pdf's with CS 3?

Mar 27, 2013 4:34 PM

Tags: #cs3

Hi - I've started work on a document in CS 3 and when I get to the point of exporting the doc to a pdf I can't find a selection  to choose "accessible pdf," the way the Adobe TV instruction shows when one is in CS 4. Is it even possible to make an accessible pdf using CS 3?

Then I downloaded a trial version of CS 6 and that did not open my document (that I'd worked so hard on) correctly.

Would appreciate any help or tips very much!

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 27, 2013 4:51 PM   in reply to muppi3

I doubt you'll have much luck in CS3.  Try exporting the file from CS3 as .inx, though, then open that in CS6. It may do better.

Whatever you do, though, don't save over the old file with a new one from CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 5:01 PM   in reply to muppi3

File > Export... from the type dropdown in the dialog choose Indesign Interchange (.inx).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to muppi3

Did it work?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 11:41 AM   in reply to muppi3

You must do the export to .inx from the original CS3 file, and from CS3....

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 11:53 AM   in reply to muppi3

You can run both simultaneously, but if you've uninstalled CS3 already, reinstalling it after CS6 may change some common files and cause problems in the trial. If you have uninstalled CS3, I can do the export to .inx for you if you send me the file. Click my name to go to my profile, then send me a private message with a link to the file, or I'll send you an upload link if you need it, but I'm on my way out the door for a few hours, so I can't do it right away.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 6:09 PM   in reply to muppi3

We're here to help.

You will encounter changes in the text flow when you openthe file in CS6. The text engine has had some changes since CS3.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 4:08 PM   in reply to muppi3

I'm a bit lost. Are the header and footer visible in ID on the document page? If not, and they are on a master page that will never be used, I'd delete the master (or the headers and footers from the master if you're down tothe point where ID won't let you delte the whole thing), then select all unused styles from the paragraph styles panel menu and delete those too.

Accessible PDF is not something I'm really familiar with, so you're getting out of my comfort zone, but there are other users here who do know about them, so don't be afraid to raise more questions if you have them.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points