Skip navigation
natalie_armstrong
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator crashes before startup

Mar 27, 2013 5:49 PM

When I try to run Illustrator CS6, it crashes before startup and before the splash screen is displayed. I used strace and got the exception c00000fd at RegCreateKeyExW. All of the other CS6 applications run with no problem on my machine. I'm running Windows XP with Service Pack 3, i5, 4GB RAM, 32-bit video card. Logged in as a different user and the problem was still there. I uninstalled CS6, used the cleaner tool, and reinstalled but the problem still existed. I do not have any third party plug-ins or preferences to reset because I have not used any of the applications since previously clearing out my preferences. I've been browsing this forum for any clues or solutions and nothing has worked. Any ideas as to what is going on???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2013 2:31 AM   in reply to natalie_armstrong

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 8:11 AM   in reply to natalie_armstrong

Have you tried re-installing Illustrator?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 8:41 AM   in reply to natalie_armstrong

Hey, I have the some problem! Natalie, did you solve the problem?if yes, how?

I tried everything, uninstalling, cleaning and re-installing. I tried also opening the Task Manager but Illustrator suddenly dies without any message.

And I don't understand the reason why all the other software of the Suite do work...

I have an iMac

OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB

thank you in advance

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status