Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Change Length of Menu so it lasts 3 minutes with Video playing inside button. How?

Mar 27, 2013 7:34 PM

I am in Encore CS 6 building a Blu-Ray DVD.

I have 2 menus a Main Menu and 1 Submenu.

The Submenu has 4 Video Buttons that you can put Videos inside of.

I created a 52 Second QT movie that I want to put into one of the buttons in the submenu

I imported that movie as as asset and made it a Timeline

I Put that video in one of the Submenu Video Button inside my Encore Menu.

Then I impotred a song as an asset and put that on the menu so the song will play as you are looking at the Menu. The song is 2 and a half minutes long.

I also put another another song on the Main Menu that is about 4 minutes long. There is no moving video or Video Buttons on the Main Menu, Just Text and 1 Still picture.

When I press the Preview Button, the song on he main menu will play out and then start over again (Loop Forever) Which is what I want.

When I go to the Submenu with the moving video inside it, also remember there is a 2 and a hlaf minute song that plays on there as well, the song starts to play and the Video is moving in the button.

When it gets to ther 30 second mark, the Menu goes black, but the song is still playing.

Why? I need the menu to last the whole song with the Video playing.

When I don't have the Video playing in the Video button on the submenu, the song plays all the way through and the menu does not go black. This also happens when I put a still picture in a video button. It does not go black. it works perfectly.

I need the Menu to be able to be sen for the entire length of my song with a 52 second Video playing in it inside a Video Button.

How can I accomplish this?

Is there a setting where I can change the menus length from 30 Seconds to whatever I need it to be?

Thanks in Advance

Encore CS 6

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 27, 2013 8:39 PM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

Select the menu (not a button), and look at Properties, motion tab. What is the duration?

When it gets to ther 30 second mark, the Menu goes black, but the song is still playing.

The whole menu goes black or just the animated button?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 6:26 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

What is the duration set to?

If you deselect "animate buttons," what do you see after the 30 sec mark?

Edit: Do you have anything in the video motion asset (not the animate button)?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 10:52 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

What is the background for your menu? Is it the default for the menu you added? Did you edit in Photoshop?

You might want to post a s creenshot of the motion tab. I am assuming you have an audio asset and no video asset for themenu itself, and then the button animated. (See image below.)

I don't understand how you have a long audio in the menu with only 30 seconds duration.

Here is the motion tab with no motion, and therefore no duration.

EN Motion Tab CS6 No Assets.JPG

Here is the motion tab after I add a 25 second audio asset. The duration matches.

EN Motion Tab CS6 Audio 25.JPG

How did you add the audio?

In any event, try changing that duration to the length of the audio.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 12:59 PM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

Note that my experience has been that Precomposed is very responsive to their customers. Contact them for assistance.

Each of the menus you have has a video motion background. Are you wanting this video motion to be there? I suspect it is 30 seconds in length, in part because your first screenshot (that you describe as having no motion) has just this m2v video, and the length is 30 seconds. In the menu with the long audio, the video background to the menu (not the animated button video) finishes at 30 seconds, and there is then no background to the menu. The menu "motion" continues to fit the audio. Note that the actual burned disk may hold the last frame of the motion video instead of going to black, but that is not what you want anyway.

You describe adding "video inside a video button." You may or may not understand what is happening, so let me take a shot at it. When you drag a video to a button,  you are linking that timeline to the button. When the button is a video thumbnail button, Encore shows that timeline's poster frame as the button image. If you select "animate buttons" (and render the motion menu), Encore renders an entire background motion for the menu, which combines any full menu motion background (your m2v in this case) and motion from the video thumbnail button(s). The length of the button video that is incorporated is determined by the length of the video that button is linked to and the menu length. The animated button should loop to the end of the menu, but something is not working for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 3:32 PM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

The button looping correctly makes perfect sense.

Take the 30 second m2v into Premiere. Add it 5 times. Getting it to end at the exact time for the loop you want may require some work. (You can add the audio just to match the length.) Export just the video to the same m2v. You may lose some quality. Use the new 2 1/2 minute m2v.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 8:56 PM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

I am not following what you actually did, in part because you appear to be doing more, and less, than what the directions say to do.

and brought it back into Encore,

What is "it"? In step 6, you double click in Encore to open (reopen) the original menu with the changes. Then in step 7, you import the After Effects rendered background video. I suspect you are missing parts of step 8 where you hide various layers - and that is producing the duplicate appearance.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to EdwurdAdam

Excellent!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers