Skip navigation
utbnc
Currently Being Moderated

InDesgin scrollbars not working on Surface Pro

Mar 27, 2013 7:57 PM

Just installed Creative Cloud on my Surface Pro.  The horizontal and vertical scrollbars are not working.  I can PageUp and PageDown to maneuver betweeen pages but can't move horizontally.  Scrollbars are working on other apps.  Problem appears to be limited to InDesign.

Anyone have any ideas that might olve this situation?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2013 4:14 AM   in reply to utbnc

I think this is the first report about anything to do with a Surface Pro. Do you have the disk space and memory required to run an app like ID which uses a lot of temporary storage (we're seeing other reports of trouble from users who've installed on more conventional computers using solid state drives which tend to be too small to handle the virtual memeory requirements)?

That aside, do you use large fonts in the interface (I've yet to even look at Windows 8, so I have no idea what sort of customizations are possible)? There have been problems since Vista with ID and some Windows interface customizations, so you might want to look at InDesign tools and panels don't respond to mouse clicks (Windows 7/Vista)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 4:55 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

Win 8 has less of those issues since there's no Aero interface. I'm running CS6 on Win 8 desktop and laptop without issue.

That said, I don't have a Surface Pro so I have no way of testing this on that device.

The OP may want to report it here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 5:53 AM   in reply to utbnc

Have you checked the Edit>Preferences in InDesign and check Interface and toggling options related to scrolling, like Multi-touch Gestures etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2013 9:56 PM   in reply to utbnc

I'm having the exact same problem on my Surface Pro and InDesign CS6 (creative cloud).

Also, I am unable to create guides.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to Brunt01

Please try running InDesign in the Compatibility Mode to test.

Please update with the result.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 2:04 PM   in reply to utbnc

Thanks utbnc, Glad you were able to figure out the solution to your problem.. .. I hope this help other users as well.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points