Whenever I try to render a video with a specific project, I get an error, and then After Effects crashes. The "last logged message" number changes each time, but the <BEEp_InitSoundPB> <0> error stays the same. I get the error message at seemingly random places during rendering (I've tried rendering with different settings), and it's followed by another message that says I've crashed and that I can save my file.
Thanks for the help!
Yummy new error for my database. Haven't seen that one before. Interpreting it it seems that the program sthinks the datarates are too high (audio datarate may never exceed video datarate), but since you haven't told us anything about what render settings you use or whether possibly an audio source is invoolved, I'm afraid nobody can tell you more than that. The logical course of action would be to try and render without audio enabled and/or convert ther source audio and import it separately...
Thanks for the reply!
The audio source is a 24-second long MP3 at 265kbps.
I've tried rendering with default losseless avi without sound, which still crashed and gave the second error message.
Other times, I've tried H.264 MP4 with and without sound at the original resolution of the comp (1920x1080) as well as resized at 1280x720. I didn't change any settings besides Format, Resize, and Audio Output. Even when trying to render under the Quicktime format for .mov files, without sound, I crashed (though this time I got the first error message.)
I've tried rendering different segments and the entire comp, too; every attempt after the first render failure has crashed and either given me both error messages described above or only the second error message.
Rendering with the audio file disabled in the comp has worked at Lossless .avi default settings with audio disabled. I tried changing the Format just to H.264 MP4 and the render failed, giving me the first error message even though the audio file was muted in the comp and audio was disabled in the render settings.
Also, this project and the sound file has rendered just fine on any format I had (used H.264 MP3 and Quicktime MOV) only a few hours ago. I don't know of anything that could have changed that caused all of these errors.
Thank you so much for the help, haha...
Replace the MP3 file with a WAV and flush the MediaCache in the prefs, then try again. Seems you have introduced flakey adio conform files (CFA) in the cache due to using a not so perfect MP3...