Skip navigation
guy288
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot Rename in Bridge

Mar 28, 2013 7:58 AM

Tags: #problem #adobe #bridge #filename #cs6 #bridge_cs6

Suddenly I cannot rename or even delete RAW files downloaded from the camera card.  I have checked and have the latest versions of Bridge and Photoshop CS6.  I am running Windows 7 in 64 bit.  I have no problem opening the files through ACR.  If I look in Windows>Computer and alter the files names manually even by a adding one letter, I can then do all the normal things in Bridge - Batch Rename, Delete etc.  This is a real pain as I can shoot several hundred images in a day and I don't want to change each one manually in Windows.  Can someone help please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2013 8:05 AM   in reply to guy288

Closely check the camera time and date and make sure it is the same as computer time and date.  If picture "in the future" Bridge does not like it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 8:43 AM   in reply to guy288

If suddenly, meaning it worked yesterday, it did not work then I would reset preferences.  Hold down Ctrl key and start Bridge.  You will get a reset window with 3 options.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to guy288

Are you using a card reader?  They are more reliable than from the camera.  Try reading through different card readers if possible (in computer least realiable) and see it problem disappears.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to guy288

This sounds like a read/write permission issue.  Open up folder in Windows Explorer and right click on the file, look at Properties, and see what the permission levels are.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 2:00 PM   in reply to guy288

You might try downloading direct from camera and see if that makes any difference. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points