Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Stroke path is not working PLEASE HELP?!?!?!

Mar 28, 2013 2:12 PM

Tags: #pen_tool #stroke_path #frustrated #photoshop_cs6 #help_me #ugh

Hello everyone,

I am using Photoshop CS6. I am not in quickmask, I am using the essentials pallete I am creating a path not a shape, and I have a new blank layer selected. When I right click on my path, stroke path is available but it just won't do anything. I have been able to get it to work by going to my paths palette and selecting stroke path from there but that is a lot more time consuming, and well call me crazy but I would like this super expensive program to work properly. Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you!

Replies
  • JJMack
    6,045 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Mar 28, 2013 4:27 PM   in reply to ValdezMuseum

What is your current Photoshop target when you try to stroke the path? Check the the blend mode for the brush and pencil and colors set also.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 28, 2013 6:07 PM   in reply to ValdezMuseum

Do you have the Brush Tool selected before you try to stroke the path?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 28, 2013 6:16 PM   in reply to ValdezMuseum

Don't select the pen tool.  Leave the Brush Tool selected and try using the Stroke Path icon at the bottom of the Paths panel.

Make sure you don't have a selection made somewhere else.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Mar 29, 2013 7:47 PM   in reply to ValdezMuseum

When you select Stroke Path, do you not get the pop-up asking you with what tool you want to stroke it?  If not, any chance that dialog is popping-up off screen?  Have you used a separate monitor recently?

Have you tried resetting the Brush Tool, all the tools, or even resetting Photoshop's preferences to default?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2013 8:08 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

I am having the same trouble with the flyout for the stroke path dialog...I do not get the Brush selection in fact I get nothing at all when I hit the stroke path option....  I have chosen my brush and then chose the pen and then drew my line and right clicked to get the flyout but when I choose stroke path I get nothing....and I am looking for this Stroke path brush selection which never comes up....ALSO I am on a blank sheet with my simple pen stroke so nothing is interfering with my choice..... THIS IS A SAMPLE THAT I AM FOLLOWING FROM A ONLINE TUTORIAL THAT I CAN NOT FINISH BECAUSE MY STROKE WILL NOT WORK......HELP ME PLEASEUntitled-1.jpgtrouble 2.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 18, 2013 8:17 PM   in reply to cardexpressions@gmail.com

How is your Brush Tool set?

100% Opacity and Flow?  Normal mixing mode?  etc.

If you paint manually with it does it work okay?  Stroking a path will only mimic your stroking it manually.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2013 10:40 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

I am also having trouble inside the Photoshop files. I read this article. I found out that my brush just simply stop painting. No tool was working when tried on all layers. I had another small Photoshop file on, and the tools were working in it. I reopened the Photoshop file, and it worked fine. If this is a flaw, I consider it inconvenient because the price of Photoshop. That would be something I expect from free software.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to whats up123

I restarted the file and it worked...It must be a glitch

Personalizing In Professional Services Since 1991

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 6:09 AM   in reply to ValdezMuseum

The layer you're working on is probably "locked", indicated by a padlock icon on the right side part of the layer. To remove the "lock", drag the padlock icon to the trash bin at the bottom right of your window.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points