Skip navigation
lrcastle
Currently Being Moderated

DESPERATE FOR HELP

Mar 28, 2013 8:55 PM

Tags: #help #import #pages #multiple #place #book #urgent

I'm new to InDesign. I'm trying to place a file for a complete book, but can't get it to come in automatically and place more than one page at a time! I've been through SEVERAL videos and searched all over the place but found NO answers.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2013 10:15 PM   in reply to lrcastle

I think that this link will teach you what you need to know. I'm guessing that you are placing a Word file, and I'm also guessing that you want InDesign to automatically make new pages and draw new frames on them so you can place your entire file with one click. Hold down the Shift key and it will autoflow for you.

InDesign's learning curve is awfully steep. If you're a smart person who is good at learning software who expected to be able to just open it up and start working, and to learn what you needed from videos and tutorials on the side while you worked, you're in for a nasty surprise (or you've already had it). I'd suggest starting with a book like Sandee Cohen's Visual QuickStart Guide. Read the sections about your project before you start (or before you go back to work).

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to lrcastle

Please delete your auto-signature and personal info when replying by mail. You probably don't want your name and phone number on the web.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points