Skip navigation
kiracastle2
Currently Being Moderated

Book help, Create an image hyperlink to a lightbox style bigger image?

Mar 29, 2013 12:33 AM

Tags: #image #indesign #lightbox #style #popup

Hello there,

I am wondering if it is possible that with an image I put in the inDesign flash flip book, I can make the image a hyper link which will create a lightbox style popup image (so the image is bigger) and you can close it again after. Similar to an image gallery, like facebook for example.

I understand I could just make a bigger version of the image on another page and link it to that, but thats not what the company wants.

This is something I might have to do manually in Adobe Flash? If so, any idea where should I start?

Finished product may look something like this, http://www.lux-manga.jp/manga/15466512efc0c7d932  I understand that is not an indesign book but thats what I mean by the bigger images.

Cheers!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2013 1:13 AM   in reply to kiracastle2

I don't do this sort of work myself, so I don't know if it will work in your flash book, but you can convert both images to buttons and have the small button unhide the large one. If you search here you'll find more discussions abou tthe technique.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 2:57 AM   in reply to kiracastle2

Another way to do that is to use multi state object. Just create 2 states, one for initial view (small image) and another for large image. Then create a open button that changes state 1 (initial view) to state 2 (large image). You can alo add close button into state 2, that button changes state 2 back to state 1.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 12:21 AM   in reply to kiracastle2

Isn´t this what you are looking for:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17227987/popupsample/index.html

Just click the small image to open large one. Click close button to toggle back to small image.

It took me 5 minutes to do it with Multistate Object....

I could do much more to that with small effort, like

-put multiple images in the "lightbox" state and use next/previous buttons

-use animations inside the lightbox state

-use videos with autoplay inside the lightboxt state

-modify appearance of lightbox (create a real box, fade page content with black rectange with 50% opacity etc)

All these inside indesign with indesign´s own tools....

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to kiracastle2

Yes, that´s correct if you need the image or content mask to cross over the borders of SWF.

I´m not sure if you can do that in Flash either, at least alone. I did that kind of trick couple of years ago and then only way I found to do it properly was to place some lightbox javascript code into html-wrapper where SWF has been embedded. Then I created a button in Flash which calls that javascript function to open lightbox and show what ever content needed....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points