Skip navigation
bridg5949
Currently Being Moderated

How do you unlink paragraph style in alternate layout?

Mar 29, 2013 4:24 AM

Tags: #paragraph #layout #type #alternate #style #child #parent

I created an alternate layout that was basically half the size as the original and now all my paragraph styles in the child have type sizes that look like this - 9 pt(5.5). It is quite problematic, because when I try to use that type style in the child, it obviously uses the parent size (9) but it if I try to change the style to have type size 5.5 then all of the existing type with that style changes to half that size (so about 2.5ish). I have since deleted the parent layout because I no longer needed it, but I would like to keep the paragraph styles just in case I need them in the future. How do I unlink/modify the child paragraph styles??

Not to mention... when I am in the child version extending an original text box to correct overset type the type size is 9 instead of 5.5 like the rest of the linked text boxes? So basically I've got one story, different type sizes and if I try to correct one type size it updates the other to be different.

Thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2014 2:25 PM   in reply to bridg5949

I have the same problem. Did you find the answer?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2014 2:37 PM   in reply to need_head

If you want to lose the linking of text and creating new paragraph style groups, uncheck those options in the Create Alternate Layout dialog box.

AltLayout.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points