Skip navigation
Knuick
Currently Being Moderated

How to design an iPhone app that uses both Portrait and Landscape in Flash CS6

Mar 29, 2013 7:30 AM

Tags: #iphone #ios #action_script_3 #flash_cs5.5 #cs6

So I have created an App that has a different menu when it is held portrait, but changes when held landscape. I can get the navigation to work, However I am unsure how to design landscape pages inside Flash?

My stage is set to the standard 640x960 air for iOS, which gives me perfect portrait pages, But when I tilt my phone to landscape the screen obviously changes, and it looks weird. Im hoping someone can tell me how i can get this view inside Flash, while still having the portrait screens too?

I want to have both Portrait and Landscape in the same app, and am currently so confused how I can design this inside flash?

I hope this makes sense, and that someone could throw some help my way!

Replies
  • kglad
    72,253 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 29, 2013 8:21 AM   in reply to Knuick

there's no general rule. or, if you want some general approach that will work well in all apps, create portrait pages and create landscape pages and display the appropriate page depending on stage orientation.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,253 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 29, 2013 4:25 PM   in reply to Knuick

you can change the display depending on stage orientation but it doesn't make sense to "..swap the stage orientation between screens".

to change the display, use a StageOrientationEvent.ORIENTATION_CHANGE event and listener:

stage.addEventListener("orientationChange", orientationChangeF);

function orientationChangeFr(e:StageOrientationEvent):void{

trace(e.afterOrientation.toString());

}

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers