Skip navigation
chrono127
Currently Being Moderated

Loss of Symbol Images?

Mar 29, 2013 4:30 PM

Tags: #symbols

Hey all,

I was working on a project doing some simple motion tweening with imported images. However, I needed to add more images in, so I ended up renaming some of the folders in my library. Some folders took longer to change than others, so I assumed that all the movie clip symbols I had created before were linking to the new folder names and locations.

However, a few days later, I went to work on my project and realized that over half of my symbol images disappeared! The symbols still move and rotate fine, but most of the images are gone from the symbol's timeline. !

I've tried renaming the folders back to their original names, but that didn't work. When I paste an animation containing blank symbols into a very old back up file with the same resource, the images reappear. I'm wondering if my analysis of the problem is even correct.

I have a few questions:
1. Is there anyway I can fix this without going through each symbol, and repasting the image? There are hundreds of symbols that I would have to check, and I would rather not fix that.

2. Do the symbols link up to a folder location in the library? Can I find how they're being linked up?

3. Were there any other things I did wrong? I would like to know just so that I can avoid another mishap in the future.

Edit: I realized I didn't include the specs on my computer:

Program: Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5

Computer: Acer Aspire V3-771G-6851

RAM: 6 GB SDRAM

Processor: Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5 GHz (3 MB Cache)

Thank you.

-Chrono

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points