Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to make a website very fast to update Using Dreamweaver?

Mar 29, 2013 8:47 PM

I am working with a client right now who does not have the knowlege or nessesary time to update her up and coming shows, concerts, etc. is there a tool that works with Dreamweaver that can allow this artist who know no web design to update that information from say a computer or a smart phone? also, I know it is not related to the question at hand but; can Dreamweaver work with WordPress? in other words; can i design a website in Dreamweaver and have it easily editable using WordPress?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 29, 2013 10:42 PM   in reply to super waffle

is there a tool that works with Dreamweaver that can allow this artist who know no web design to update that information from say a computer or a smart phone?

The best way for your client to update her shows etc, is for there to be a backend where he/she can log into. The backend will contain a CRUD module that he/she can use to update a database table.

The frontend will then dybamically show that data.

can Dreamweaver work with WordPress? in other words; can i design a website in Dreamweaver and have it easily editable using WordPress?

This can be done.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2013 5:02 AM   in reply to Ben Pleysier

If this is a "client... who does not have the knowlege or nessesary time to update her up and coming shows, concerts, etc. ", then I guarantee you they will not have the time to do it in Wordpress either.

In my opinion, the best bet is to build those pages so that they are dynamically loaded from a database, and just create simple back-end pages to manage the information in the database instead of recasting the site into a CMS.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points