Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Duplicate Clips appears in recorded media files

Mar 29, 2013 11:10 PM

I use my Panasonic AG-AC120EN for video recording on 32GB SanDisk ULTRA card., and I get about 3 hours 13 Mts of HD recording.

Last week I recorded an Event  of about  2hours 30 mts duration my Card file shows it has used  21.1 GB

When I brought my clip in Premiere Pro CS6 for editing it shows total duration as  6 hours 33 mts which is quite surprising

On checking my clips in Project Panel, I noticed that clips no 000069.mts show duration as  01:25:17:07

and clip No 000070,  Clip no 000071, and clip no 000072 are repeat of  clip 000069 each with same duration and same Video

In timeline in premiere  clip no 000069.mts shows duration as  01:25:17:07., actually it is so but in my media folder it shows duration as  00:26:20  and file size  3.99 Gb I am enclosing herewith media information clip

004  four.jpg

002  two.jpg

003  three.jpg

001   one.jpg

Can someone in the form please help., and tell me what is going wrong and where..?   why recorded clips in media are repeated with same video and same duration..?  PLEASE HELP

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2013 1:56 AM   in reply to chande a k

I used to have this problem with EX clips. If a single take video was spanned across several files, Premiere imported each file with the complete footage. This seems to have been fixed in the latest Premiere version. Are you using media browser to import the clips? I find this works best for spanned files.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to chande a k

It does look like operator error here.

You start by transferring over the entire PRIVATE folder from the SD card to you hard drive.  Do not do anything other than copy.  Do not rename, move or delete anything inside the PRIVATE folder.

In Premiere Pro, use the Media Browser to navigate to that PRIVATE folder and dig down a level or two until the clips show up.  Done this way, you will only see the first file of any spanned clips, PP will not even show you the other files, let alone import them.  So if you're seeing them inside of PP, it means you didn't follow the proscribed work flow.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2013 6:24 PM   in reply to chande a k

You're looking at the clips in Windows Explorer.  I'm not sure how that applies to Premeire Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 5:02 AM   in reply to chande a k

When you say "import the STREAM folder", do you use Pr's Media Browser?  If not, that's how you should be importing the clips -- not by using the File>Import command or dragging and dropping from Explorer.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 6:58 AM   in reply to chande a k

I have also posted screen grab of Premiere time line and this shows duplicate of clip no. 00069 but it is also sequencial.

That's because you didn't follow the proper process as outlined in post 3.  Start over, and follow that carefully.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 5:11 PM   in reply to chande a k

I am importing entire Stream Folder

Don't do that.  Don't use any other method than the one described in post 3.  Use only that method.  Start over if you have to.  Done that way, you will not have this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 5:12 PM   in reply to chande a k

You're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers