Skip navigation
joe345
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe go live and flash

Mar 30, 2013 7:40 AM

Tags: #flash #live #go

Hello,

I am a developer but I have a problem. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have never worked with adobe go live or even adobe flash. I need to make a modification to a go live project.

I have a few questions:

1. I found out that go live is now discontinued and was wondering if I can use adobe flash to make modifications to a go live project?

2. I am getting acquainted with the files and in this project and I see file types: flash movie and type liv. Is their such a thing as a main project file to open?

3. I also see a livemotion 2  GM.sit file and Im not sure what this is and what to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appriciated to get me started.

thank you

Replies
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 30, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to joe345

golive was an html editor replaced by dreamweaver.

are you editing web site files?  if yes, you should be able to edit your project's html page in any text/html editor you like.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2013 8:49 AM   in reply to kglad

Without seeing a full list of the files that you have, its impossible to know what you have. I'm guessing that you have a bunch of files that were used to create a web site. Go Live was an Adobe product that was used to write .html documents. When Adobe acquired Macromedia they abandoned Go Live and adopted Dreamweaver as their html tool. Livemotion was also an Adobe product what was a competitor to Macromedia's Flash. It had a very short life. The .sit file that you have may be a compressed copy of the actual application file for the Macintosh platform.

I doubt that there is any sort of "project" file that contains any information about the makeup of the project. There is, most likely, an index.html or default.html that should be the starting point for the site. If you start with that, you might be able to sort out the various files that you have and their relationship with each other.

You can open the .html files in any text editor or an html editor like Dreamweaver. Never, ever, open an html file in Word. If you have Flash .fla files, those can be opened in Flash. If you have Flash .swf files, you will need a decompiler to get to an editable file. The .liv files are from LiveMotion. You may or may not want to mess with those.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 30, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon

?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...