Skip navigation
csvideo
Currently Being Moderated

PRE 11 Burn To Folder

Mar 30, 2013 7:59 AM

I just started using PRE 11.  My last Adobe experience was PRE 4.  I just finished a project and decided to burn to folder, both for AVCHD and DVD since not all of my family can handle AVCHD.  The AVCHD burn went fine.  I just burned the BDMV folder to a DVD and it played fine on my blu-ray player.  Then. as I have always done for years, to make the DVD, I burned  the video_ts folder to the DVD.  That would not play.  So then I burned the openDVD and the video_ts folders to the DVD and that wouldn't play either.  I then burned directly to the disk, instead of the folder and that played fine.  I could copy that DVD, and I also made an image file of it and made more copies.  So, what did I do wrong with the folder approach?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2013 8:35 AM   in reply to csvideo

Use the free download ImgBurn to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to a disc. (Make sure it's the folder, and not just the contents of the folder.)

If you select ImgBurn's option to Verify Disc after the burn, it will virtually always play in a DVD player.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to csvideo

Did you do the AVCHD folder first... and did you change your output setting to DVD to write to that folder?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points