Skip navigation
cooneysyr
Currently Being Moderated

Creating movie which displays between two monitors.

Mar 30, 2013 5:41 PM

Tags: #help #adobe #slideshow #movie #dual_monitors #adobe_premiere_pro #adobe_premiere #dual_screens

In Adobe Premiere Pro, is it possible to create a movie which, when played back, displays itself entirely between two monitors?

I need to create a movie that is essentially two slideshows playing simultaneously on two separate computer screens. I am hoping to do this as one file with Adobe Premiere Pro. If there are any tips, commands, or tutorials that could help point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2013 7:59 AM   in reply to cooneysyr

Yes. It sure is.

Just make a sequence of 3840X1080 using settings instead of presets, and if you have a video player that can handle it, you can export to that frame size. Start with a standard H.264 1080p export setting, then increase the setting for Level to 5.0 or 5.1, change the frame rate back to 29.97 (or whatever it was before),  unlock the link to maintain the aspect ratio, and set it to 3840X1080.

Simple.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to cooneysyr

As Steven's comment:

if you have a video player that can handle it, you can export to that frame size.

is important, before starting the Project, you might want to check out your available hardware first. Then, if you can do what you want, from the display hardware (and maybe software) end, follow Steven's directions.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 11:45 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Actually, I said that because none of my players so far have been able to play what I exported the right way. If I say full screen it wants to use one screen. If I try to stretch it, it still isn't quite right. Quicktime is the closest. VLC and Windows Media are lacking.

There must be a player capable of full screen across two monitors, but I either don't have one or I don't know that I have one.

Edit: VLC did better when I changed the settings but it still isn't perfect.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points