Whether I select the type tool with my mouse or click on T to activate the type tool - I cannot get any type to appear when I start typing. Clearly my keyboard is working as I am typing this message.
It does not matter if I click to make an insertion point or draw a text box for area type - nothing! The cursor looks really tiny. I am sure this is going to be something stupid. I have updated to the most recent version of the C6 on the cloud hoping that would fix it. I tried increasing the font size - I just don't get it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
It seems that something is seriously wrong. You may try the following (you may have tried/done some of them already) and see whether it helps:
1) Close down Illy and open again;
2) Restart the computer;
3) Close down Illy and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift/Cmd+Option+Shift during startup (irreversible);
4) Move the folder with Illy closed (reversible);
5) Look through and try out the relevant among the Other options (Item 7 shows the usual suspects that may disturb and confuse Illy);
Even more seriously, you may:
6) Uninstall, run the Cleaner Tool, and reinstall.