Skip navigation
Eric L88
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot export to QuickTime file with PE8

Mar 31, 2013 2:39 AM

Tags: #quicktime

Hello,

I have an issue when I want to export my video choosing My Computer, QuickTime. The e^port cannot start, APE8 stop immediatly after launching export (message : unxpected errors; PE8 must closed).

I already uninstall and reinstall Quicktime (last version), same pb. I also uninstall and reinstall PE8, with the update, same issue.

I do not know what to do.

I cannot have files MOV to export to Youtube (also the direct export to Youtube from PE8 is still not working, I have a serveur error, already dscribed by other members, but means to have no solution)

Eric

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to Eric L88

The Export function was disabled in Premiere Elements.

To output, use the Share function. Quicktime files are under Share/Computer/MOV.

Meantime, make sure you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements, as well as all of the non-critical updates for Windows.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 5:43 AM   in reply to Eric L88

Have you got the latest version of Quicktime from Apple installed on your computer, per the program's requirements?

Have you gone to the Help menu and selected Check for Updates to ensure you have the necessary patches for Premiere Elements 8?

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 4:05 PM   in reply to Eric L88

I'm sorry, Eric. I have no solution for you. If your computer is crashing whenever you select Share/Computer/Quicktime and your unable to install a program update, there may be a problem at the operating system level.

How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much free, clean, defragmented space is onyour C drive?

The best solution, assuming your computer is well tuned, would be to upgrade to version 11 of the program. Version 8 was notoriously buggy and does not work at all well with AVCHD video.

Video 11 edits AVCHD natively and has been optimized for this format. You may be able to find a good deal on the software on Amazon. It would certainly save you a lot of aggravation if you spent the few dollars on it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 5:35 PM   in reply to Eric L88

If you are getting a program, or computer crash, I would look at this FAQ Entry: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/792580?tstart=0

It starts with a checklist on getting PrE ready to go, then moves into system and OS tune-up. Finally, it has links to many articles (and also some tools), for troubleshooting.

For your case, after you have gone through first two parts, I would pay special attention to "Finding Clues," and the use of Vista's Event Viewer, to track things down.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points