Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Footer text-alignment in fluid grid layout and another color in white space, not the body

Mar 31, 2013 3:03 PM

I'm working in a fluit grid layout. Everythings works almost perfekt. Accept for de alignment in Opera mini. Mini works not with %. So it must be padding, line-height and something else. But then the footer does not stick.

In Opera mini

If i want the footer to stick to for example the bottom. I'm may not use padding in de footer.

De <p> i used for alignment in from the text. Now my footer must have a alignment in the middle of the footer (center). With padding in footer, it wil work, but then my footer will not stick to the bottom anymore.

and i have also another question, about the white spaces in de fluid grid. I don't want to give the header, body, footer another color. But that outside of my website.

With a normal website you give the html and the body grey and the content white. But if i do this with the fluid grid. The content because grey. Is there also a code for.

This is what it must be. It is a example, not for real. But i really want to know the code for it.

voorbeeld-grey.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2013 3:22 PM   in reply to puntjeduizend

Below is a link to an example page I made with Fluid Grid Layouts. 

http://alt-web.com/FluidGrid/Fluid2.html

The footer comes after all other content.  View source or page source in browser to see the code.

Does this help?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2013 4:23 PM   in reply to puntjeduizend

Fluid Grid Layouts do not natively support Equal Height CSS Columns.  The best you can do is add min-height values to select divs in your .gridContainer.  Without seeing your code, it's impossible to make detailed suggestions.  Can you post the URL to your page?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points